How to Clean Your Shoes in 3 Easy Steps
It’s tough to keep your Mojris pristine without cleaning them regularly. The minute those new Majoras come out of the box, you’ll want to wear them outside — where they’ll pick up dirt, mud, scuffs, and stains.
We recommend proper care and maintenance, including cleaning. Before you get started, fill your shoes with crumpled newspapers to help retain their shape during cleaning. Then, get to work.
These tips will help you keep your Majora fresh and clean in just a few easy steps.
Things you'll need
- Bicarbonate of Soda
- Vanish Gold
- Warm Water
- Crumpled Newspapers
How to Clean Your Shoes Step by Step (Juhus Only)
For Dirt & Scuffs
1. Use a Dry Brush
Grab your toothbrush and remove loose dirt from the outsole, midsole, and uppers.
2. Make a Mild Cleaning Solution
Make an effective cleaning paste by mixing equal parts baking soda and warm water. Use the toothbrush to apply the solution to the stain and gently brush working in the same direction as the material rather than going against the grain.
3. Air Dry
Once finished cleaning leave your Mojris to dry at room temperature. Always allow your shoes to dry completely before wearing them out. It should take at least 8 hours to fully dry.
For Grass Stains
Grass stains are much harder to clean but there is a way to remove them.
- Make a cleaning solution using White Vinegar and Vanish Gold (equal parts)
- Follow the same steps as above.
How to Clean Suede Shoes
Suede is notoriously difficult to clean. If you notice water marks, scuff marks, dirt or stains, it’s probably time to give your suede shoes a proper cleaning. Use these recommended tricks and special tools to get the job done. Here’s how.
- Use a suede brush or towel to gently wipe away surface debris, working in the same direction as the material rather than going against the grain.
- Use suede rubber (or a pencil eraser) to rub away any marks on the surface of the shoe.
- For stubborn stains, use a cloth dipped in white vinegar to scrub the fabric in alternating directions.